Here at Author Ready Templates, we build designs for authors on a daily basis. It's what we do. Whether it's a custom design for one of our clients or a completely customizable template for our products page, there are some basic rules we follow when crafting our designs.
Content Design Course: 20 Fundamentals
In this design series, we're going to share some tips & pointers with you for customizing a template or designing things from scratch. The course is all about building engaging and beautiful content that'll make you look like a pro.
Below you'll find 20 fundamental topics that make up a successful design and how you can apply them to your own work:
- Know Your Audience
- Aspect Ratios and Orientation
- Design (Not Decoration)
- Typography, Text, & Pairing Fonts
- Choosing The Right Colors & Color Palettes
- Using The Right Images Effectively
- Creating Charts, Bars, and Data Your Audience Can Understand
- Visual Interest: Hierarchy
- Visual Interest: Proximity
- Visual Interest: Using Whitespace
- Visual Design Effects: Animations and Interactive Content
We'll be posting one each week so be sure to check back or subscribe to our blog.
If you want to follow along by customizing one of our templates, you can check out our products pages here:
iBooks Author Templates here.
Keynote Templates here.
Pages Templates here.